Welcome to our blog...

Welcome to our blog...

Monday, October 29, 2012


Thinking Outside the Apple Basket

Why keep the delicious fragrance of apples confined to your kitchen?  It also can be a great addition to your bath.
It was a particular pleasure to pick the green apples off the tree in the back yard this year, its limbs arching downward with the weight of the abundant fruit. A good harvest indeed! I’ve learned that picking them while still green -- with just a blush of reddish pink -- will result in the best apple pie.  But the different varieties, and the high volume rolling down conveyor belts this fall, well, your local supermarket is an apple-lover’s paradise right now.

Before you think this blog will tell you how to make a perfect apple pie using Watkins Double-Strength Vanilla, Cinnamon and Nutmeg, think again. This blog is about  the new Watkins Kids’ Juicy Sweet Apple Foaming Hand Soap.

I wish I could tell you why this is labeled a “Kids’ soap.” It was just my good luck that I discovered another great use for this amazing product. It creates the perfect shaving lather! There I was, standing in my skivvies; going through every drawer in the bathroom after all the oomph went out of my arousal can of shaving cream. Don’t you just hate that?

That’s when I noticed the Apple Foaming Soap on the sink, just egging me on to give it a try. I had my doubts. After all, I was well beyond childhood. Perhaps if I rubbed the sweet-smelling foam on my face and neck, the lather would cause my vocal chords to revert back to my pubescent state, when I sounded like that guy in the Four Seasons with the perfect falsetto, followed by an  anguishing year during which I couldn’t say a single sentence without my voice breaking. There went my singing career. At least I didn’t need to shave back then. But I digress.  

I very consciously applied the cool, white foam to my face, neck and – what-the-heck, you only live one life – my entire head to get rid of any sign of stubble. Then I took the blade, and let it glide down my face. Wow! Talk about amazing! The foam was just the right consistency needed, the perfect combination of liquid and soap that caused every single hair to stand up to be cut down without a fight. And the aroma! It immediately made me rush to the frig and slice up an apple!
Do kids still take apples to their teacher to get on her or his best side? 


Perhaps today a smart-thinking youngster might consider showing up for class with a bottle of Watkins Kids’ Juicy Sweet Apple Foaming Hand Soap, letting her know it will make her hands smell like a freshly sliced apple, or letting him know their dad uses the all-natural foaming liquid as the perfect alternative to destroying the ozone layer with an arousal can of shaving cream!




No comments:

Post a Comment